Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 5:03 PM Last edited by Arcanis : 14th Mar 2005 at 5:09 PM. Reason: Corrected some typos.. -.-

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Strange Errors.. :(
Hello!
I bought University today, installed it without problems and played it for a while and all seemed to works. But when I tryed to enter the money cheat, i saw many errors listed in the cheat box... Without University i hadn't got them.. So i reinstall the sims and the expansion but nothing changed: the game still works apparently well but the errors come up..

To test this errors, i moved away all the download stuffs and used the default neighborhoods. I have attached the errors log the program have created in only a 2 minute s play in the The Sims 2\Logs folder.

Anyone knows what they means,what caused them and, expecially, how to solve them ??

If you need more information, just ask. I hope anyone can help... Thanks!
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 7:04 PM
Arcanis - I downloaded the logs, but of course, I have no idea what I was reading. What money cheat were you trying to use? Were you on a Neighborhood lot or the University lot?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 7:30 PM
Hi daysies!
The cheat was 'kaching' but it's not that that caused the errors.. Is that when i typed the cheat i saw all the errors that were in the box..
For the second question, i tried in this moment and most of the errors appeared in the neighborhood.. last 3-4 appeared when i enter a house in pleasantview but i think that all lots will cause the error.. :/
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 8:22 PM
Are you playing with the debug turned on? That's the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" cheat. I read that it's not wise to play with that turned on all the time.
#5 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 3:45 AM
Oddly, I get almost the exact same... (Except I can't use CAS)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 12:44 PM Last edited by Arcanis : 15th Mar 2005 at 12:54 PM.
Daysies, the debug is turned off.. thanks anyway

Uhm, i haven't tried the CAS yet... maybe it doesn't works also with me.. ( .. Going to check...

[EDIT]: Where does CAS gives errors to you ? Mine seems to works well...
The ModFather
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 6:25 PM
Arcanis, I'm not an expert, but I guess that all the "duplicate resources" entries are due to the fact that actually many resources *have been* duplicated in the EP: all the objects and probably all the sound data exist in both the original base-game packages and in the EP packages. Beside a liuttle slow-down when loading, this shouldn't create any problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 6:59 PM
Hi Numenor (o forse dovrei dire Ciao? lol :P)
Hum.. maybe you have reason but in that case, all the people should get those errors.... It seems that only a small number of people get them...

Anyway I istalled University in a folder different from the TS2 one.. Maybe is this the cause ??
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 7:15 PM
Arcanis - When installing University, you should've used the default path that was given to you unless you installed the Original Sims 2 in a different place and in that case you have to change your path. Did you change your default path?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 8:22 PM
Ciao, Arcanis, non mi ero accorto fossi italiano/a!
I have exactly the same errors: if I'm right, everybody has the EP installed should be in the same situation...

Daysies (and anyone else is reading this thread), please, check your "logs" folder and tell us if it's the same for you.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Ciao, Arcanis, non mi ero accorto fossi italiano/a!
I have exactly the same errors: if I'm right, everybody has the EP installed should be in the same situation...

Daysies (and anyone else is reading this thread), please, check your "logs" folder and tell us if it's the same for you.

I have the same errors listed in the log folder. Missing texture errors, audio errors and App errors. I was beginning to think i had installed university wrong somehow. These errors are also shown if you expand the cheat console window.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 10:30 PM
Italiano
daysies.. i don't know if i have understand exactly what you meant.. I have istalled TS2 in "D:\Games\EA Games\The Sims 2" and the EP in "D:\Games\EA Games\The Sims 2 University". By default they were in "C:\Programs\EA Games\" with the same path..
btw i didn't know all the people has these errors..
I can't understand why Maxis leave those errors and that sounds a bit strange but now I can play the game in peace Thanks Numenor!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#13 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 11:28 PM
Me too have installed the game (base and EP) in a non-standard folder: mine are E:\The Sims 2 and E:\The Sims 2 University.
Maybe this problem affects only non-standard installations? I don't think so, but I'd like a confirmation: if anyone has a *standard* installation (in C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2) and does have these error logs in the logs folder, please let us know.
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 11:48 PM
my sims and university are installed to C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2, and I have the same problem. It doesn't affect my game, but I see it when I expand the cheat box.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 1:10 AM
Me too have installed the game (base and EP) in a non-standard folder: mine are E:\The Sims 2 and E:\The Sims 2 University.
Maybe this problem affects only non-standard installations? I don't think so, but I'd like a confirmation: if anyone has a *standard* installation (in C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2) and does have these error logs in the logs folder, please let us know.

I originally had my game installed on a different drive (D:\The Sims2 and D:\The Sims 2 University), but when I discovered the errors, I reinstalled both to the default location thinking this might be the reason for the errors. I'm still getting the error logs. So I have had the same errors with *non-standard* and *standard* install.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#16 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 3:02 AM
Okay, you guys can relax now. I installed my game using the defaults. I just opened up my logs and I am seeing the same things. I don't use the cheat console all that much - unless it's just the money cheat or I have to delete something that I can't delete in Buy/Build Mode. I think it's okay. Even with these logs, I don't have any problems. I have a feeling that you can delete these files with no ill effect. You can try renaming the Log folder and create an empty Log folder and see if you get any start up errors.

Sorry for the delay! I just got home from having dinner w/ friends.

Oh, I'm talking about the Logs folder that's in C:/My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#17 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 1:58 PM
Thank you Daysies, your experience confirms my guess.
BTW, I think that those logs are automatically overwritten everytime the game starts, so deleting them will be useless.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 2:01 PM
Thank you Daysies, your experience confirms my guess.
BTW, I think that those logs are automatically overwritten everytime the game starts, so deleting them will be useless.

i know a small bit about this the log are active (i maen that the game uses them to work and it saves data in ther that it might nee later and the game uses it to sumulate the time)

no ears
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 4:31 PM
I don't think that the game uses the logs but i think that delete them would be useless (as Numenor said).. Btw IMO are the errors in the cheat box that are annoying, not the other..
I still don't understand why Maxis leave them O.o.... In fact, together with a lot of "light" errors, it seems that logs contains also some serious errors (like "ERROR TSSGObject: Missing bone '' on 3D model 'TVModerate' - associated slot will not function properly.
.\source\TSSGObject.cpp(1132)".. Btw the game seems to be playable.. so i will not complain anymore.. :P
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 6:37 PM Last edited by LexisAtNexus : 16th Mar 2005 at 6:46 PM.
I have installed everything in the default Folders and also get these errors in the logs.

For me it seems as if Maxis, couldnt wait to get the game into sale so they didnt get major bugs out of the game.

The whole game seems quite sloppily arranged. I mean just filling the expansion with new objects and ideas that are not thought to the end is very "simple". I am a little disturbed by all those little bugs, but nevertheless there are good ideas in it. Hope Maxis will fix all that soon.

Besides I am still trying to fix the problem with my old and new downloads and that for about 3 days yet, some of the downloads seem to disrupt the gameplay, because when I want to enter a lot in an University-Screen the loading Screen never changes into the lot, guess the game hangs itself up.
But the problem only occurs there not in normal lots.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 7:57 PM
LexisAtNexus, try to search with the Clean Installer if you have some hacks or careers in your downloads folder because some of them can interfere with the game.
About the bugs, for me you are right: they wanted to do things too fast.. Today i encountered a lot of bugs (Mascotte stucked in the same position for hours, taxi that can't take more than 1 student shopping, students semi-trasparent unclickable ecc) that i think a little more betatesting would have surely eliminated...
Maxis.. TS2 is fantastic and is far far better than TS1.. but do not rush to make buggy expansions pack. Please.. Only my opinion
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 3:28 PM
I didnt have any hacked objects, carreers etc in my folders, thats why I was so amazed. I am now trying out every category (Clothes, recolors, hacked objects, Floor/Walls,.....) alone. So I can see where the wrong file is. As far I now only need to test Maxis-Objects, House-Things and Lots.

To the bugs: I encountered the same bugs as you did and fully agree with you.

They also should have thought of a more robust database, so new objects/recolors/hacks etc would be not such a big problem.

But I have to admit that I like the game a lot.
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 10:45 PM
I found out that all files are correct except some or all lots that I downloaded, and actually I dont know why they cause the problem.

Everytime I want to load a lot (no matter what type, selfcreated or downloaded or preset) it never stops loading and it seems as if my hard drive keeps working then.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 3:29 PM
I don't know about your bug.. but i had to delete a lot because university won't let me enters in it... I only hope Maxis will release a patch soon.. Too many bugs to play
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Mar 2005 at 6:57 PM
My Problem is that when u have those .Sims2Pack files and u install them, u will never know to which folder the Pack-files go and therefor I cannot just delete the corrupted files so the game will function correctly. No, I have to install the whole game again.