Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Real Winter Wonderland, yay...

by Metroid Menace Posted 26th Nov 2005 at 6:01 AM - Updated 11th Aug 2006 at 7:52 AM by Metroid Menace

120 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 117 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Field Researcher
#51 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 10:40 AM
Great job. I love it so much I edited to make the snow look chucky. Thanks a million.
I dont know why the hood view look dirty but it looks great in lot view

Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 3:54 AM
Hey that's awesome!
Great job

btw how do you tweak it so you can view the surrounding lots from your lot?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#53 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 4:43 AM
Looks good.

Quote: Originally posted by RPGgurlEli
You could try a little blue to make the neighborhood snow look more white.

If you look at mzcynnamon's post, you'll see that that would make the lot snow too blue.
Sandi_Candi, its an option in NL.
I also noticed there's a slight cream color to the terrain in the other lots.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metroid Menace
I still dont see what's wrong with losing the grass terrain O_o; Like, you don't PERMANENTLY lose it, it's like actual snow fell on the grown and it stays until winters over (you can decide when that is by moving the hack out, then everything will be luciously green again). The thing I dont understand about the whole wanting to keep grass thing but also wanting snow, is how would you use them both at once? You cant, its either one or the other, cause if you just want an individual house to be snowy and the rest grassy then thats pretty easy to acompish without this hack (terrain paint).

The problem with overiding the dirt or concrete is that this mod would become a Nightlife compatable only, as right now its compatable with all.

And about making this just one file... well that is very simple. You just throw everything into one file!

And again folks, when your tired of snow and want grass again, just move the hack out of the download folder, and viola, grass is instantly back, no hastles or anything.

I think you did a wonderful job and i agree with you, it seems to me like some are asking for a more complicated way of giving your sims snow & taking it away. For a person like me, this is perfect, easy as putting a package file into my downloads folder and removing it when no longer desired, how much easier can it get?

I haven't tried this yet, but i hopefully will be later on today.
Test Subject
#55 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 1:24 AM
ooh it's southpark! :P

[COLOR=Lime]They know that if they start thinking for themselves and protesting Oscar's lasers, he would probably punch them, and the other fishies didn't like getting punched. If you were a fishy, would YOU like getting punched?! I know I wouldn’t.[/COLOR]
Test Subject
#56 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 8:27 PM
i never use dirt can u change it 2 dirt
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#57 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 8:40 PM
Dirt has already been done here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106935. Desert is avaliable here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106871. I'm having trouble with concrete.
Please look before you post.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 7:11 PM
at last!!!
thank you, thank you so much
I love you man!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metroid Menace
This goes in your downloads folder. To uninstall, simply remove it.
-Metroid Menace

I tried removing the snow textures file from my computer, and I'm still getting the white terrain now. Do you know why I would be if that file isn't even on my computer anymore?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 3:58 AM
from what i understand .... if you delete the groups.cache in your my documents folder ... when you restart the game it will create a new groups.cache file. that should clear out the white terrain info that the game has.
Test Subject
#61 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 6:31 AM
Super! It looks beautiful fine beauty. On parcels of houses only, shows not whiteness white, but beige.

POLAND!!! I like fly:)
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diplacesims
from what i understand .... if you delete the groups.cache in your my documents folder ... when you restart the game it will create a new groups.cache file. that should clear out the white terrain info that the game has.

I tried that, and reloaded the game but it didn't help. It's not that I don't like the snow, I just wanted to switch between them. I still want to be able to go back to grass...
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#63 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 4:32 PM
You're sure you removed this package? Its Snow Textures.package.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
You're sure you removed this package? Its Snow Textures.package.

Yup. I searched my whole computer, it's not on there anymore.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#65 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 4:40 PM
Do you have any of the other snow packages?
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 5:08 PM
Do you have any of the other snow packages?

As in the ones that cover the dessert or other land types? I don't have any of those, just this one.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#67 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 6:06 PM
Try changing the terrain type to desert then back to grass.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 6:22 PM
Try changing the terrain type to desert then back to grass.

I just tried that, and of course the desert works perfectly, but it's still snow on the Temperate terrain.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#69 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 6:35 PM
How big is Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Textures.package? When was it last modified?
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 6:44 PM
How big is Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Textures.package? When was it last modified?

19,682 KB Last Modified 8/17/2004 (though I installed Sims 2 over again just a month ago, so it must have been last modified by Maxis for that to be right)
#71 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 7:53 AM
hello thanks for the snow
but i'm not a intelligent woman can you explain to me how i can remove the hack for retrieve my grass
sorry and thank
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#72 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 9:04 PM
Anastacia, just remove the package from your downloads folder.
#73 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 12:11 AM
thanks but i was untable to find this package, i installed automatically the hack and i don't no the name of the package i must uninstall

thanks for your answer
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#74 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 12:26 AM
Its Snow Textures.package.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 12:28 AM
Are there any more ideas to help me or am I stuck with snow forever?
Page 3 of 5