Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #15: CAS Micro Spot

by Numenor Posted 20th Jan 2006 at 2:14 AM - Updated 20th Oct 2008 at 2:35 PM by Delphy

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 4:36 PM
Thanks
these are great
Instructor
#27 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 5:21 PM
Hey, this properly belongs in Requests, but I thought you'd probably never read it there, and since you're illuminating us lately, I was wondering if you could take the outdoor spotlight, the one that sits on the ground and tilts up, and turn it into a spotlight that hangs from the ceiling? I have the spotlights in my art gallery to illuminate the paintings, but my poor Sims always trip over them.

Feel free to ignore this or send it to the proper forum. And thanks for digging up so many treasures!

~I no longer play Sims, so I'm not taking requests, sorry~
Field Researcher
#28 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 6:31 PM
Thanks ! :lovestruc
Scholar
#29 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 9:45 PM
Really like this one Numenor!!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 11:27 PM
wow they are so cool. Now maybe my houses won't be so dark inside. thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 11:03 PM
LynnMar, until I find a solution to the problem pointed out by Havelock (see above), the spot doesn't enlight the rooms: only the objects.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#32 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 8:15 AM
WOOT Thanks! I love it when you find new things...it warms my heart lol but it also crushes it that Maxis leaves cool things out...thanks again!! ;-)
Field Researcher
#33 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 8:20 PM
This will be perfect for my "I love bright colors" house. Thank so much!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 12:55 AM
WOW! LOVE these and hope to see more colors!
Banned
#35 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 8:00 PM
oooooo molto bello!! 5 stars!! these are my favorite! thank you very much!
Inventor
#36 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 8:34 PM
Thanks for sharing. Great job.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 6:11 PM
Love these. Thank you, again.

Poetry soothes the mind, art pleases the eye, but music touches the heart.
#38 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 7:31 AM
Oh wow! This is awsome thanks sooo much Greatly appreciated ^_^ Thank you very much...
Field Researcher
#39 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 10:44 PM
When I first saw that you dug up the umbrella light, I was hoping this one would be extracted too. Love it.

❌✖️❌✖️❌ Boycott SPs for TS4. EA is squeezing pennies from us without giving us content with substance. Show them you expect more! ❌✖️❌✖️❌
Field Researcher
#40 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 2:34 AM
Great light, thank you

My Sims2 Blog: CLICKY ME.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 7:50 PM
This doesn't show properly in my game. I don't know if it's a problem with my computer's graphics or the file itself but the cord that the light hangs on looks as though it is made of glass i.e. it's translucent. Also if I zoom in it does actually fade away so that it can't be seen so I just end up with a magically floating light.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#42 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 8:29 AM
Great, thank you

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Sometimes:)
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 4:54 AM
Amazing - thank you!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 11:28 PM
Thanks so much, I like have the hidden objects
Field Researcher
#45 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 12:38 PM
I was going to say about it only illuminating on things and not the room but it has been said, so how is the alternative coming along Numenor? It is so frustrating to have it in my kitchens and it doesn't light up the room. I wait with patience. (Sits twiddling thumbs.)

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 7:51 AM
Thanks, these are wonderful. You make gameplay so much better for all of us. Without you well Simming would suck. You rock.

do not pm for for requests please! i randomly check the requests forum if there is a project that interests me! ^^
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 7:30 PM
Thanks for this!
Test Subject
#48 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:40 PM
This is just about the only light that "feels" right (to me) above islands. Thanks, Numenor!

Does anyone know if anyone has recolored them?
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 11:59 AM
How about even more micro versions (with shorter and same-length cords)?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 3:24 PM
It wouldn't be a Maxis Lost&Found, if I'd create a new mesh for them

Seriously, I'm not going to update this old upload; but anyone inclined to do it, has my full permission.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 2 of 3