Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #8: Water Tower *UPD 11 JULY*

by Numenor Posted 29th Apr 2005 at 2:14 AM - Updated 11th Jul 2005 at 2:17 PM by Numenor : Fixed recolour issue

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
#26 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 10:48 PM
wait..... wasn't it the huge one that had the problem (im so proud that i figured it out)... when i tried to use the door it replaced the huge one.... or maybe im just stupid and dont know enough about GUID's
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 10:58 PM
No, PhatMan, the one you pointed out was the Big one. I've checked all the GUIDs, and the Huge tower was OK.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 7:27 PM
thanks great work.

:thumb: Now I can have one of my sims go up it and see the next door hotty. Just Joking! great job!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 8:04 PM
i have an idea what im gone do , use the set highest level cheat and make a 10 story building that reaches the top of the huge tower and have a house structured around it or somet

and does any one like my avatar if so please say in your next post ill will keep checking back here Numenor
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 8:55 PM
If you make extensive use of the stealth stairs, it can be an incredible building!
As for the avatar, it's better than the previous I like it.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 6:08 PM
Love the things you do! Thanks again
Forum Resident
#32 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 6:02 PM
Another great fun thing to add in my lots. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 2:38 AM
I can't seem to get recolors to work for this tower
I really wanted one in my Sewers community lot, but I needed to have my own display on the tower.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 5:13 PM
Blugenie, I've tested right now, and the towers are recolourable (actually, only the logo, not the metal structure).
Just use the Object Workshop (not the Wizard).
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 8:12 AM
I did use object workshop. I never use the wizard
When I click on it in my game, it does not even show that it has color options period. Like with most objects, they have the icon in a box showing that it can have different color options. But this one did not show that.
Possibility? Does it require university?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 8:21 AM
Oh, sorry Blugenie, I thought you had problems with creating recolours.
The towers don't need the EP to work. Will you please try all the different sizes? Since they are different objects, I want to understand if maybe some of them have a problem.
Have you downloaded them before May 14th?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 12:09 PM
I had the updated ones, but just a bit ago, I redownloaded them. Then I reinstalled the CEP. Then I tried making the recolors again and they don't work. I put them in my main game (all downloaded files) and my creating game (a pure version) and neither worked. I am using version .40 of Simpe.
This is what I do in SimPE to create a recolor. I open Object workshop to the load file tab. Find one of your towers and choose to make a recolor package. Then I name the package. I use DDS utilities to replace the texture, then I commit and save. It works for almost everything else, just not for these. But I have noticed that with some other non-recolorable meshes, you can still 'make' recolors, just they will not show in the game.
Could you possibly post a screenshot of a recolor of the tower working in the game?
Instructor
#38 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
No, PhatMan, the one you pointed out was the Big one. I've checked all the GUIDs, and the Huge tower was OK.

??? which one wasnt unique then :?: :confused:
i just started modding yesterday and, well, i dont completely undersand GUID's yet so i shouldnt have said anything in the first place.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 11:34 PM Last edited by Numenor : 10th Jul 2005 at 11:41 PM.
Bluegenie: You're perfectly right! No one of the towers show the colour options any more, though SimPE can create recolours for them... I swear they worked, before. Probably something went wrong in May, when I updated them. I'm going to check them, thanks for having reported the issue.

Phat_man: if you want to be sure, delete all the water towers from your downloads folder and re-download all of them (maybe you'd better wait until I fix the recolour issue). All the towers have been updated in May, except the huge one, that was already OK.
The GUID is a number that identificates uniquely an object. If two objects have the same GUID, there will be a conflict, and only 1 object will appear in the catalog (the other one will be missing).
You did well to report the problem with the windows being replaced by the towers: it made me understand that there was a GUID conflict going on, and so I fixed the towers.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:18 PM
11 JULY 2005: Fixed an issue that prevented the user-created recolours to show up in the catalog (thanks to Bluegenie2 for having reported it).
All the 5 Water Towers have been updated. Added a sample recolour (for the Big and Medium versions only).

http://dev4.modthesims2.com/attachm...d=88361&thumb=1

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 9:15 AM
Thank you
What was the problem, if you don't mind sharing?
I'm just curious here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personal:
Bluegenie2 Designs

Sims:
LIU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 10:39 AM
A silly mistake: the name of the recolourable subset was "material1", but in the GMND I've written "materials1"!

This prevented the recolour to show up (the game thought that the recolourable subset was the not-existing "materials1"); nevertheless, SimPE could create the recolour package, because it relies on the Material Override (that was correct and pointed to the correct MATD).
Scholar
#43 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 2:28 PM
fantastic! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 9:36 PM
so far, good
Test Subject
#45 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 2:29 AM Last edited by mrndepth : 17th Aug 2005 at 2:32 AM.
Is there any way possible to make the Towers Visible in the Neighborhood Screen. What would have to be done. I would love to replace that tower with one Sims can live at. If not would it be possible to make one that can?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 7:27 AM
I'm going to study this problem, because I want to include in the new CEP (NightLife version) a support for NH view. I'm not sure when I'll be able to do this, though...

#47 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 2:07 AM
i can say only when looking at all of them in a row "cingular rasing the bar"
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 6:47 PM
Can you make the full one plz? I was thinking about using a stack of columns and Moveobjects to build a house on (or in) it, think that would work?

My Xbox 360 Gamertag: Lhasapso
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 8:02 PM
The full one is just too big, and can't be seen in full while in lot view; it would be useless. The "huge" one is the max you can see.

Scholar
#50 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 6:20 AM
very nice thanks

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Page 2 of 3