Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GLOBAL MODs: "Counter-Friendly Appliances" compatible with K&B - *UPD 05 JUNE 2009*

by MaryLou Posted 7th Jan 2008 at 9:31 AM - Updated 5th Jun 2009 at 11:40 PM by MaryLou : Update for Free Time

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
#26 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 9:52 PM
That has always bugged me. THANK YOU
Field Researcher
#27 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 10:31 PM
Thank you so very much! I hate it when I can see the ugly, gray metal whenever I have a dark colored dishwasher or trash compactor. This will make my houses look a hundred times better! :D

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Test Subject
#28 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 12:36 AM
Sweet MaryLou!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 12:58 AM
Thank you so much! I hated having to rearrange my kitchens because the dishwasher or trash compactor was on the end and made the counters look weird with it's metal sides. Now they will look much better!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 1:13 AM
Ohmygosh! Something I've always wanted but never thought I'd see! This is really really great! I always thought "what was maxis thinking?" when they designed the diswashers and trashcompactors. THIS is how Maxis SHOULD have made it!
THANK YOU!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 3:23 AM
Score! OMG, you rock! Thanks so much! Always hated that; messed up perfectly suitable counters... But now! It doesn't! W00T!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 6:33 AM
Just what i've been waiting for, thanks for all the hard work, these are excellent.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 6:58 AM
Mary Lou, I had so hated the metal parts especially when you placed one on the end.
Thank You so much for making this for us now this makes me very happy.
Test Subject
#34 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 7:55 AM
Your contributions are always smart; but this is the best. As those above, I have really hated the effect caused by the appliances showing through. Thanks so much for your work.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 11:00 AM
I have to ask since I have just a sink and a trash bag(in reality)...is this how it is in reality?

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Alchemist
#36 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 2:14 PM
Something that everyone here was missing! Personally I solved the problem recoloring in wood textures (or green or white or whatever) also the metal portion but obviously this mod is so much better and brillant! Thank you forever Mary Lou! Kiss and ciao.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 4:25 PM
excellent somebody have read my brain!
Instructor
#38 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 1:39 AM
I've always wanted something like this! Thank you muchly.
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 3:03 AM
Awesome! Thank you thank you thank you. Did I say thank you? In case I didn't....

THANK YOU!!!!
Forum Resident
#40 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 9:03 PM
*jawdrop* oh my me likely

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
The ModFather
retired moderator
#41 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baskar
I have to ask since I have just a sink and a trash bag(in reality)...is this how it is in reality?

My own dishwasher (in real life) doesn't show any *side* metal parts: the counter that contains it covers them. But in my case, the counter has no back panel (because it's mounted against a wall): if I would move the counter+dishwasher away from the wall, I'd see the metal back side of the dishwasher...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
My own dishwasher (in real life) doesn't show any *side* metal parts: the counter that contains it covers them. But in my case, the counter has no back panel (because it's mounted against a wall): if I would move the counter+dishwasher away from the wall, I'd see the metal back side of the dishwasher...

And this is the reason of the two separate mods, instead of one.
In the real life, if the counter+dishwasher is mounted against a wall, the back panel is not needed.....but if the counter+dishwasher is a "furnishings island" there is also the back panel........

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 4:46 AM
Awesome! Greatly needed and much appreciated. Thank you.

[
Field Researcher
#44 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 4:52 AM
This has always annoyed me as well. So thank you very much for fixing it!! Brilliant! :D
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 11:01 AM
This is a great idea, but when I have this installed, the cabinets that have appliances in them can't be clicked (or I have difficulty clicking on them) when they need cleaning.

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 2:28 PM
12 Jan 2008
Fixed a bug in some counters that prevented to correctly click on the counter top dirty.
Please, re-download.
The update rar is ML_GlobalMod_CounterFriendly_(Counters).rar

Many thanks to yagami-sama to having report this.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 6:26 PM
Good job! Its such a little thing but it does mess with the look of your house. Thanks for fixing it.

www.spazshare.com Free image hosting Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I feel like a banana.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 8:20 PM
Oh my god. I think I love you. Thank you so much! The ugly metal parts bothered me so terribly with one rustic household that I had to switch to inconvenient sinks and garbage cans. You're absolutely amazing. <3
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 11:40 PM
Wow! Just the thing I've been waiting for! Thanks! *hugs*

You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 4:26 AM
Thank you so much. This makes kitchens so much easier to design. Great idea!
Page 2 of 4