Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bender from "Futurama" cartoon series - OFB REQUIRED!

by Dynamic Duo Posted 21st Apr 2006 at 11:31 PM

261 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 255 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 11
Test Subject
#51 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 9:51 AM
Cool! Looks awesome.
I might try it, when I install OfB...
Forum Resident
#52 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 10:05 AM
I'm speechless, so:

I'm humbly bowing to the two supreme grand wizards of modding...

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Test Subject
#53 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 10:32 AM
Thanks, I love Bender.

A friend whose hopes we cannot satisfy is a friend we would rather have as an enemy.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Test Subject
#54 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 10:40 AM
Thankyou
Forum Resident
#55 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 10:48 AM
This is absolutely gotsmacking. Brilliant work, you two, as allways!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 11:50 AM
This is soo awsome!!! i love Futurama and bender is so cool! great work!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 12:11 PM
ive pnly just started watching futurama lol
this sim is soo awesome!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#58 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simity
I have merge Bender with the lot of Katja Danowski (beautyfull german actress). And...!!! He will lost his outfit and he looks like a profan servo. *scream* But don't panic. I made it. I take Bender and let him change his clothes to his everyday-dress... and he will be taken his original-Bender-outfit again! He's back!
That's right: sometimes, when you evict Bender and reassign him to another lot (with or without a family living in), he may temporarily lose his outfit.
In this case, as you suggest, the solution is to click on Bender and choose "Change to formal" and then again "Change to Everyday".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally posted by Lisasimpsonfan
One question, can I put down the lot then rename Bender to Flexo and move him out and bulldoze the lot then put it down again to have a Flexo and Bender in the neighborhood?
When you put down the lot in your neighborhood, you can only rename the lot, not the robot. The robot is always named "Bender".
But, if you like, you *can* have multiple Benders in your game: every time you reinstall the original "Bender's Field" Sims2Pack, you will have a new lot with Bender in your lot catalog (the robot is always called "Bender").

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally posted by DaisyTighfield
But it's not working for me The mesh and hair show up in CAS, but when i try to enter the lot, there's no one there! Have I missed something?
I couldn't prevent the "Bender features" (clothing, no-hair, headless mesh etc.) to show up in the BodyShop or the CAS; however those features are not intended to be used to build other Bender-like sims (Boblishman will post a full "clothing" for this purpose).
If you have found that the "Benders' Field" is empty, please tell me if you have used the Maxis installer or the Clean Installer; in the meantime, do this:
- bulldoze the lot
- be sure that in the lot catalog there isn't any "Bender's Field" (in case, delete it using the trashcan icon)
- exit the game
- go to [documents]\EA Games\The Sims 2\LotCatalog and sort the files by date
- look at the most recent files: if you find a small file (size 1Kb or less) named "cx_Character_cx_0000[...].package", delete it
- reinstall the original Sims2Pack and run again the game.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#59 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 2:04 PM
aye yaye yaye me madreay well done!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 2:23 PM
Any chance we'll ever have a buyable deactivated Bender? 'Cause I'm starting up a robot store with Wintermuteau1's crazy scientist dude and Binkys other robot. If you can't it still awesome. Well deserved 5 stars to you Numenor and Boblishman
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#61 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bender
Congratulations Fry, you've snagged the perfect girlfriend. Amy's rich, she's probably got other characteristics...

Very nice work... very nice indeed.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 4:05 PM
Thank you so much!!! Bender is way cool!! This is even cooler, I have start up my game right now and check him out!!! Thank you again!!!!
Test Subject
#63 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 4:30 PM
Zip plz!
I am sorry if this is a time waster but can u make it into a zip file?
Test Subject
#64 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 4:38 PM
There are just not enough words, thanks, or stars to give you guys to let you know how great this is! Just awesome work, and I thank you SO very much!

"Society has traditionally always tried to find scapegoats for its problems. Well, here I am."
-Marilyn Manson
Instructor
#65 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 4:40 PM
speachless!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Other characters in your plans?
Test Subject
#66 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 4:53 PM
This Sim is so hot i could sleep with both of you.....LEt me know.......
Instructor
#67 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 4:59 PM
haha,this is too cool!You are so great together

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#68 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 5:15 PM
i love you.
Forum Resident
#69 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 5:37 PM
I have never seen this show but I will download anyway. He looks funny

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 5:38 PM
Numenor--I'm using the Clean Installer, and I followed your instructions but the same thing happened again.
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
#71 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
.....Boblishman will post a full "clothing" for this purpose

yes, I will (eventually!).....once I've figured out a way to make the head 'seperate'...and fit over the top of an existing Sim's head...(currently, the 'suit' can only by used when creating a new Sim...and using Bink13y's headless genetics) ... so I'll be working on it in the near future to try and make a version that can be worn by 'normal' Sims....
Instructor
#72 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 6:07 PM
** Gets out Bull Whip,and cracks it!*

Yah mule, hurry up and git dem dar feilds done and git started on dat Bender Simmie!

LOL

"S
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 6:40 PM
Wow! It's like all my requests get answered "psychic"-ly before I even make them! I think "wouldn't it be awesome if someone made..." And BOOM! Within the next few days SOMEONE does! And you did such an awesome job as well! You're my hero! Thanks! Now he can join my Fry and Leela that I made the other day.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 7:38 PM Last edited by Delphy : 23rd Apr 2006 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Overuse of smilies - abuse it and lose it.
Very Funny
Very interesting but will this function with the newest Family Fun Stuff mini ep? LOL

This is so too cute....

Is there a female too?

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
The ModFather
retired moderator
#75 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaisyTighfield
Numenor--I'm using the Clean Installer, and I followed your instructions but the same thing happened again.

Not even in my worst nightmares I imagined that one day I would have said this, but... gasp... try using the Maxis Installer!

But:
- before installing the lot, repeat the "cleaning" procedure outlined in my previous post;
- after having installed the sims2pack using the Maxis installer... wash your hands!

PS: if you just double-click on the sims2pack, the Clean Installer will be automatically invoked (which we don't want to happen, in this case); you have to right-click on the Sims2Pack and choose "Open With..." -> "The Sims2 BodyShop Package Installer"

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 3 of 11