Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Shoji Sliding Door *UPDATED*

by LunarRyou Posted 31st Mar 2005 at 3:32 AM - Updated 3rd Apr 2005 at 3:07 AM by LunarRyou

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 74 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 4:14 PM
I love you^^ Thanks so much for the gorgeous doors. I downloaded one of each. I have been trying to figure out how to do this since SimPE came out . Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 9:37 AM
ohh, thats great =) I am eager to see them in game.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:01 AM
Default Asian Style doors
I had some of the most beautiful filigree and round asian style doors for TS1... I"d love for someone to recreate those types of doors. Round arches as well. They'd go great in En7en's asian houses!

Gillian
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:12 AM
Hi... I have a question... If you don't mind, where did you get that small shoe box thingy on your picture? The one beside the door... I'd like to create a Japanese house with your permission of course, to use your door and post it here in MTS2... Can I please? Did you make the small closet-like thing beside the door? Thanks a lot...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 4:12 AM
Sorry it took me a bit to respond. Been having some atrocious problems with Sims 2. Fixed enough so it works now.

valenlocke: Oh sure you have my permission to use it in a house. ^.^ o.o;;; But, the cabinet, ah...it's from TSR...by Nanshi Nibble.
If you reaally really want it I guess I could send it to you, it's only one file. Not like I'm putting 'em outta business. Though I don't use that anymore in my house, attatched a few screens of the genkan in my new house. I'd put it up here but the thing is a frigen monster (~300MB).
Original Cabinet - TSR
New Cabinet- Sims2Play.boom.ru
New Cabinet Hooks - Ellys.ru
gilliansl: I don't have much experience creating new meshes. Sorry. Try posting on the Mesh Requests forum. But you're right that would look really amazing in any japanese themed house.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 9:24 AM
Gee, thanks a lot LunarRyou... You're the greatest! Keep making nice things heheh
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 3rd May 2005 at 4:48 PM
These are just too awesome..thanks!
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th May 2005 at 10:24 AM
in one word : Fabulous ! I like it. Thanks and congratulations for your work.
Test Subject
#34 Old 5th May 2005 at 10:25 AM
They look great. But when I open my game, they was not there. Did I miss something? :confused:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th May 2005 at 7:50 AM
Carasim, maybe you forgot to install the CEP like valen? It seems like a pretty common mistake.
If you don't have it, look in the Modding Tools forum, it's the first post, hard to miss.
If you do have CEP installed then...I'm not really sure what it could be. I play with University, but, I imagine it would work without the expansion pack since the door came with the original game.

Well, hope I helped.
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th May 2005 at 6:55 AM
Thank you. I did not know I had to download something. :joy: Anyway, thanks again and keep up with the good work. :D
#37 Old 7th May 2005 at 12:09 PM
nice work ! ei can i ask where you got the wallpaper with the plant design? TY again
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 8th May 2005 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LunarRyou
Here's links to where you can get some of them.
Black Japanese Screen (Oriental Touch) - BitzyBus on TSR (look under walls)
Plain Fusuma (Touch of Twilight) - mod the sims 2 > Forums > Two new wallpaper sets.

(I made the black shoji screen myself, although Bitzybus DOES have one at TSR, it won't match up completely with the door, and I have NO idea where I got the tan and black.)

The plain fusuma is the one I think you're talking about. Only one that has plant-looking things on it.
Theorist
#39 Old 16th May 2005 at 9:28 PM
These doors are great and look awesome in the game! I'm wondering if you're planning on making windows to match (or have perhaps made windows and I haven't found them yet. )
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 20th May 2005 at 10:39 PM
LOVE the doors! They're perfect!
Forum Resident
#41 Old 22nd May 2005 at 8:46 AM
Incredible!! Those are soooo beautiful! Nice job Numenor on the paper insets on the doors...really fine!
Thank you!!
Test Subject
#42 Old 29th May 2005 at 7:58 AM
Just what I was looking for. Thank you! :D
Test Subject
#43 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 9:05 PM
Gorgeous. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 3:10 PM
Beautiful work, thank you
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 23rd Jun 2005 at 8:54 PM
Thanks. There aren't enough Asian building objects. These are cool!
Forum Resident
#46 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 1:59 AM
I really enjoy these doors. Just thought I'd let you know.
#47 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 5:52 PM
in my sims, ur doors are just simple sliding window doors, without the cross. is it a problem of my video card?
Instructor
#48 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 10:40 PM
I've been trying to use the "Wachowt Sliding Glass Door" to make "paste" white closet doors, but I don't know how to add color to objects that have glass in them!

Could you please tell me how you did this?
I'm also trying to make a set of mirrored sliding doors, and am completely lost as to how this is done as well...

PLEASE HELP! :fallen:

or redirect me if these objects have already been made...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 7:56 AM
room13: Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Uhm, no it wouldn't be a problem with your video card. Did you make sure to either look in the refurbishing tool or wait for the recolor options to come up in Build Mode? Should show up just fine. Oh, you also need Numenor's CEP for any, and pretty much all up-to-date recolors to show up.

Anshin Lanugo: Actually I think a version of it was made...not with the sliding door but the Open Sesame door. Couldn't find it, sorry.
Well, you could try using my door as a base, you just have to use fix-integrity so it doesn't overwrite or conflict with these (I had to do that when making the other doors.) It's easier than doing it from scratch. Oh just so you know, for some reason one side of the door flips the texture upside down so, they have to look exactly the same on the top as they do on the bottom so it looks okay.
About the mirrored doors, that sounds kind of complicated. I don't think anyone's managed to put a reflective surface on something that wasn't a mirror, not that I've seen anyway. I don't think it's solely the MATD (Material Definition) either, I poked around in it, copied and pasted a few values from a mirror's MATD and, while I did produce a kind of weird, milky white surface where the glass was, sadly didn't reflect anything.
I could keep at it if you want...doesn't seem REALLY hard, just, lil complicated and no doubt eventually irritating. LOL, then again, most new worthwhile projects are. Okay, well, PM me about this if you want.

Oh and thanks again to everyone for the nice comments. ^.^ Sorry if I repeat myself, just think it's always nice to let people know that their comments are appreciated.
Instructor
#50 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 4:01 PM
LunarRyou: Thanks so much for your reply! I've been trying to edit the "Wachowt Sliding Glass Door" so that I can add a solid color to them (no transparency), but when I try to make a "color extension package" in SimPE there is no texture to select and everything comes up blank. If I hit Cancel, I get your texture image, but then it overwrites your file and I loose your beautiful shoji door.

I did manage to edit Moon_Ez's "EP Ready - Fake Elevator Set 2 - Stainless steel" doors by overwriting the texture image on his solid stainless steel door.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=65694
Once again this causes me to loose the original file.

I noticed if I try to save a picture (a plain "paste" white rectangle in my case) over your texture image of the shoji screens, they are still visible underneath. There is still transparency, with the old pattern, even if the new texture does not seem to have this.

You mentioned "fix integrity" what is this? I realize I must be missing a tutorial somewhere... sorry if I'm not seeing the obvious. :confused:

I'd still love to learn how to make my own "Paste" colored sliding doors if you could point me in the right direction

I didn't realize that mirrors were so difficult. I suppose a full wall panel sized mirror that "looked" like a sliding door would work nearly as well. Until I figure out how to do that the stainless steel doors will have to do!

Thanks!
Page 2 of 4