Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modular Round Flowerbeds

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 20th May 2006 at 12:38 AM - Updated 23rd Aug 2006 at 8:45 PM by MaryLou & Numenor : Added link to new flowers

169 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
#101 Old 22nd May 2006 at 3:52 PM
GREAT !!!!!!

Thanks very much MARY & NUMENOR !!!!
Forum Resident
#102 Old 22nd May 2006 at 4:16 PM
Thank you. I can finally landscape realistically! Bless you all.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 22nd May 2006 at 4:45 PM
I thank you and the grounds of my chateau thank you! What an exciting breakthrough! Will hedges be next?!
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 22nd May 2006 at 4:49 PM
Default 1000 thanks+
To MaryLou and Numenor! :lovestruc

It's not only the beautiful result which is a wonderful addition to our game- it is the great idea of you both which enriches "our" gardens and landscaping.
I admire your creative imagination, the hard work you invested and your kindness to share it with all of us addicts.

A 1,000,000 thanks you both!!!

Mausi
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 22nd May 2006 at 5:26 PM
You two never cease to amaze me. Absolutely Amazing!
Test Subject
#106 Old 22nd May 2006 at 5:37 PM
great items
this is awesome, you guy are great as usual.

I also have a question, How did you get the carosel (sp) into the game for your res. & comm lots? I got it for the neighborhood. Or am i just stupid and it is in the res. & comm. and I haven't found it yet.
Field Researcher
#107 Old 22nd May 2006 at 6:51 PM Last edited by MaryLou : 22nd May 2006 at 6:58 PM.
Thank you very much to everyone!!!

@Simlover: You are not stupid
The carousel is a Neighborhood object I have placed in the lot in Neighborhood view. It isn't a normal lot decoration.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Field Researcher
#108 Old 22nd May 2006 at 7:38 PM
Absolutely wonderful, thank you!

Poetry soothes the mind, art pleases the eye, but music touches the heart.
Test Subject
#109 Old 22nd May 2006 at 8:08 PM
Thanks MaryLou, I thought that might be the case. Silly me!!
Field Researcher
#110 Old 22nd May 2006 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou
The carousel is a Neighborhood object I have placed in the lot in Neighborhood view. It isn't a normal lot decoration.

MaryLou, I'm probably being especially dense, but I tried to place a neighborhood object -in- a lot, but I keep getting an error message saying it cannot be done. Would you tell me exactly what you did, please?

Thanks in advance!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#111 Old 22nd May 2006 at 11:39 PM
Only with Nightlife you can place NH objects over lots and actually see them when you enter the lot.
Do you have Nightlife?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#112 Old 23rd May 2006 at 3:55 AM Last edited by chaisipper : 23rd May 2006 at 4:09 PM.
Numenor, thanks for the response... Yes, I have all the expansion packs... So is the placement option specific to those neighborhood objects that were packaged with NL (and FFS)?

UPDATE: Carousel placed perfectly, but I don't know -why- it's working now... I installed FFS last night; hadn't tried to place Carousel previously because I didn't have the x-pack, but I tried to place other neighborhood objects and they didn't work... (I like to know the "why" if possible, like is it specific to the NL objects?)... Answer's not crucial, just curious!

Thanks!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#113 Old 23rd May 2006 at 7:20 PM
Some NH objects are coded to be placed on existing lots, some are coded to be placed only on open terrain, some can be placed on roads and some can not...
The placement of a NH object is defined in the object itself, and therefore different objects can behave differently.
Before NL would have been pointless to place a NH object over a lot, becasue NH objects were always invisible when the lot was loaded.
For this reason, I believe that few or no NH objects were set as "placeable on lots", before NL.
When NL came out some objects - very few, indeed - were updated (or shipped with the EP) with the ability to be placed on lots. But they are quite few: some plants, the boulders, some signs and some small road decorations.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#114 Old 23rd May 2006 at 8:03 PM
Numenor, you are positively the very best... I truly appreciate your thorough and patient response. AND, I understand it!!! LOL

Thanks again.
Test Subject
#115 Old 24th May 2006 at 8:53 AM
Default OMG thanks!!!
ty soooo much, I am ok at building houses but something like this will help me to hone my gardening skills!!!
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 24th May 2006 at 11:55 PM
Lovely sets thank you
Test Subject
#117 Old 25th May 2006 at 6:13 AM
absolutely what I was just wishing we had!!!!!!! Can you tell me where you got the carousel?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#118 Old 25th May 2006 at 4:10 PM
The Carousel? Here; but only if you have the Family Fun pack...

Test Subject
#119 Old 26th May 2006 at 7:16 PM
Thank you a gazillion billion times!!! This is going to make my neighborhoods look stunning now! Off to build...
The ModFather
retired moderator
#120 Old 26th May 2006 at 9:04 PM
Yes, in fact I'd like to point out that the round fences are perfectly visible from the neighborhood, so you can really make your NH look better using our fences and flowerbeds

Test Subject
#121 Old 31st May 2006 at 12:19 AM
This is exactly what I came here looking for today! I hope in the future you'll consider doing some of the other flowers besides the poppies...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#122 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 3:19 PM
Default Thread Update
07 JUNE 06 - NEW FLOWERS AVAILABLE!
Two additional sets of Flowers (Daisies and Pansies) has been created by MaryLou.
You can download them HERE.

If you need to contact us, PM directly to "Numenor" or "MaryLou".

Please visit our sites: www.marylousims2.it and www.numenor-moddings.com
Test Subject
#123 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 7:31 PM
Oh thank you so much!!!!! I only can say WOWWWW :lovestruc
Test Subject
#124 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 12:04 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#125 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 12:11 PM
So beautiful !!!! thanks so much !!!
Page 5 of 7