Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Trottco 27" and 14" MultiPlace IV *Portable* Televisions

by Numenor Posted 28th Mar 2005 at 10:45 AM - Updated 26th Dec 2008 at 3:27 PM by -Maylin-

134 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#26 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 6:10 PM
I wonder why the file size is so small?
Field Researcher
#27 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 6:22 PM
These are great... thank you so much!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 6:23 PM
HilaryDuffissooohot:
Yes, it's EP-ready, as stated in the Thread title.

Ailias:
The package is small because it doesn't contain any textures: all the textures are borrowed from the original 27" TV.
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 6:29 PM
Yea! I was just thinking we needed something like this and now here it is...Thank you. They are great!

"If you don't double click me, I can't do anything."
Field Researcher
#30 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 6:56 PM
OMG exactly like on my dreams LOL... Thank you so very much... you ROCK!!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 7:01 PM
downloaded and testet, great work, makes really fun for my sims and to me. Thank you for all of your works
Reg Gerdi
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 8:20 PM
awesome ! my cooking sims will love this in the kitchen so they can watch the yummy channel in there too :-D
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 9:39 PM
This is just to cool! Thanks so much Numenor
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 10:30 PM
One slight thing I noticed . I placed both portables on counters next to each other in sim me's kitchen to compare them , but when I tried to delete the bigger one from the counter ( the little one is much more suited to a kitchen ) it wouldn't delete and I had to use moveobjects to delete it . No biggy really and it's hardly worth editing the object for it , but I just thought you should know . I'd also say the little one is more like a 6 to 8 inch tv than a 14 inch too because it's only the same size as the food processor Great objects though , and I especially like the little one :D
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
. . . couldn't "stand that stand" any more . . .

So do I since sims2 came to me - but I'm not able to do anything against it. So bigfat thanks to you - just brillant!
(btw Who cares about Don?)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 11:53 PM Last edited by Numenor : 28th Mar 2005 at 11:56 PM.
29-Mar-05: Fixed a BUG that prevented the sims to watch TV while lying on the bed.
Please re-download the packages (they will overwrite the previous ones).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bruce Banner
One slight thing I noticed . I placed both portables on counters next to each other in sim me's kitchen to compare them , but when I tried to delete the bigger one from the counter ( the little one is much more suited to a kitchen ) it wouldn't delete and I had to use moveobjects to delete it . No biggy really and it's hardly worth editing the object for it , but I just thought you should know .

Yes, there's a strange thing going on... I've found that when you want to delete one of these portables, you can't simply pick them up and hit DEL: you have to place them on the ground and then pick them up again; only doing this, they become "deleteable"... Odd!!!
:argh:

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 1:17 AM
How neat! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 2:46 AM
Thanks so very much for the awesome TVs!
Forum Resident
#40 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Po~
It cracks me up that all you brainiacs keep insisting on that "beta testing" title. Everything always works perfectly!

I concur! LOL

Great work as always Numenor, Thank You so much sweetie for another awesome goody, still think your just the bestest.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 3:52 AM
Your work is just amazing.....can i have your babies?
Test Subject
#42 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 1:40 PM
Awesome, and they work great in-game! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 2:02 PM
Well it took you long enough, didn't it Numenor? This is great! Thank you very much. :D

rsn
"The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin."
– Mark Twain
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 9:26 PM
Thank you all for the positive feedback! Please go on testing: these objects are in Beta stage because bugs and glitches are always around the corner
For instance (but blame Maxis for this, not me...), there is a real bad glitch in the animation when the sims watch TV from the toilet (yes, they can! ).
But it seems to me, reading your comments, that the overall functionality of the TV is good, after all...

Field Researcher
#45 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 9:36 PM
OMG, now I have to put a TV in all my bathrooms. I gotta see this!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 10:20 PM
I tried it and it works perfectly well.
I really like, that I even can put the tv on the floor and/or under the stairs and my sims can watch tv though.
Usually they have their fun by playing, but sometimes I need a tv (young parents, deep red) and this one is so "discreet".
(Didn't know that they can watch tv from the toiletts - think I won't try, if there is "a real bad glitch")
Field Researcher
#47 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 10:29 PM
Ok Don Lothario(aka the Mangina of Pleasantview) not liking it makes me want it even more!!! :D

Thank you Numenor for making life a little more tasteful for my Sims!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 5:12 PM Last edited by simsjeanie : 1st Apr 2005 at 5:15 PM.
Tried today to set it on an endtable, that stood in front of one of Boblishman's radiators. (using "moveObjects on") I couldn't manage, the tv insisted to place itself to the wall, where pictures are placed usually. By trying around I discovered, that I could fix the tv everywhere, where an other object was fixed already. It sat on the vanity, where you usually can't put anything on and even fixed itself to a ceiling lamp, screen showing down to the floor, looked like a surveying camera, . . .
(if you want to have it on the table, no problem though: you have to put the tv there first and then move the table together with the tv to the wall)
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 6:00 AM
These are Great! That small wall one is going in the bathroom for sure.. lol I had no idea sims could drop the kids off at the pool and watch the tv at the same time hahaaa! Awesome!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsjeanie
Tried today to set it on an endtable, that stood in front of one of Boblishman's radiators. (using "moveObjects on") I couldn't manage, the tv insisted to place itself to the wall, where pictures are placed usually. By trying around I discovered, that I could fix the tv everywhere, where an other object was fixed already. It sat on the vanity, where you usually can't put anything on and even fixed itself to a ceiling lamp, screen showing down to the floor, looked like a surveying camera, . . .
(if you want to have it on the table, no problem though: you have to put the tv there first and then move the table together with the tv to the wall)

Yes, if I remember well, I set the TV to be placed on the surfaces, but with the moveobjects on it can be placed literally everywhere, including in sims' hands and on their heads (ROFL! ).

Page 2 of 6