Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Skinchange Vials

by bstard17 Posted 27th Nov 2007 at 6:45 PM - Updated 15th Dec 2007 at 12:41 PM by bstard17

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 7:14 PM Last edited by Zruda_Trinact : 27th Nov 2007 at 8:13 PM.
These are fantastic, really useful for when modding Townies to fit into your communities.

EDIT: I have just tried to use these in game. I used one of each vial on four Sims - and they all changed into the pale colour. I am now downloading the Global file, and seeing if that works.

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 7:24 PM
Is the change permanent and genetic? Bobcatben's thread that you linked to said that it's only temporary.

You said that we need to download the global skinpreserver from that thread, but which one do I download? One says Inteen on it. Is that for people who have Inteenimator? I have Inteenimator. Do I download that one?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 7:32 PM
thank you sooo much, i've been waiting for this
i want to ask the same questions above, and one more:

if i used this and changed a skin to pale for example, and then removed the hack out of the downloads, will it remains pale?

thank you so much...
Theorist
#5 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 7:42 PM
Thanks for this, Always wanted my townies a different shade to what they are originaly, Gives a bit of Difference in the field! :D

Thanks!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#6 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 8:34 PM
It would be nice to have this one as an aspiration reward.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by love247_jo
thank you sooo much, i've been waiting for this
i want to ask the same questions above, and one more:

if i used this and changed a skin to pale for example, and then removed the hack out of the downloads, will it remains pale?

thank you so much...

1st Question: I'm not sure try it with both versions see which ones work

2nd Question: As far as I know the vials can be removed after use

Skins in a bottle - send me a link to the skin and IF the creator ok's me using his/her skin I'll make a SCV for it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by digital_hannah
It would be nice to have this one as an aspiration reward.

I could do that BUT this is only a mod of the original code so I'm not the person you need to talk contact bobmanben about getting this as an asp reward

Skins in a bottle - send me a link to the skin and IF the creator ok's me using his/her skin I'll make a SCV for it
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 9:59 PM
Does this change their genetics or just their surface appearance?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 10:41 PM Last edited by bstard17 : 27th Nov 2007 at 11:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
Does this change their genetics or just their surface appearance?

As far I know it's apperance only but as these are maxis skins it might alter the genetics

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 12:01 AM
if this really works, its really great!!!

but one question: what is when u use custom default skins? does this matter in any way?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 1:22 AM
good job thank you
#13 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 3:12 AM
This is such a good idea! Thanks!!
Instructor
#14 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 7:03 AM
Interesting idea! This looks really cool, I'll try it out!
Instructor
#15 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 10:47 AM
Does it use the same coding as the potion to make wolves?
I created a character named Vera Wolf and was intended to test the wolf potion.
She transformed into somewhatever and kept the dress she was using before (a H&M blue stripped dress). Started to walk around like a Gorilla and first time I saw the wolf skin in game. What do I have to say about it? Err Uh, ah yah, - No comments.

Good idea of yours if so. I have cases that my Sims show up with wrong skin and would be nice to have something that I could change in game. Up now I use the SimPE simsurgery - but I have to exit the game many times.

Thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
Does it use the same coding as the potion to make wolves?
I created a character named Vera Wolf and was intended to test the wolf potion.
She transformed into somewhatever and kept the dress she was using before (a H&M blue stripped dress). Started to walk around like a Gorilla and first time I saw the wolf skin in game. What do I have to say about it? Err Uh, ah yah, - No comments.

Good idea of yours if so. I have cases that my Sims show up with wrong skin and would be nice to have something that I could change in game. Up now I use the SimPE simsurgery - but I have to exit the game many times.

Thanks.

I didn't design the coding but the vials will only alter the skin and cause slight nausia

Scholar
#17 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 9:58 PM
Interesting idea. Thank you !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 4:23 PM
I don't seem to be able to get the dark tanned skin -- it always comes out like the regular tan. Is this happenng to anyone else? Any suggestions?

Otherwise, these are super, thanks!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#19 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 9:32 PM
I, too, was having the same issue (always the pale skin was applied); I tried in a UNI+NL mini-game, and also in an "All EPs" mini-game, with the same results.
So I investigated a little the packages (hope you don't mind... I'm a very curious person ) and I've read the 32-bit GUIDs that you have put in the Text List 0x303A, line 1 (i.e. the line that should contain the code of the skin to be applied). I expected to find the usual Maxis codes:
00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (pale)
00000002-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (med tan)
00000003-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (dark tan)
00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (dark)
but, instead, I've found:
de9724b0-4e73-0331-3775-e78f7a307694 (potion #1)
f6e59c97-4f72-57ac-c614-daaeb2f62a8c (potion #2)
04ea7358-409d-fd54-5eb6-609dbad6fa73 (potion #3)
5dcfb387-4c1d-6126-c96c-9bb6e872530a (potion #4)

I've searched into all the game files for these skin codes, but I couldn't find them: no wonder that my sims can't correctly change skin...
I replaced the values in the TL 0x303A, line 1, with the standard Maxis values and now the vials work correctly...

So, what are those code? Do you have some default skin replacement in your game? Or am I supposed to download additional skins somewhere else?

I'm asking this to you, and not to bobcatben, because his Alien Skin vial works fine (in the Alien vial, the text list reports the code 6baf064a-85ad-4e37-8d81-a987e9f8da46, which corresponds to the standard Maxis alien skintone).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 9:51 AM
I think I need to re-upload because I found this problem and corrected it BUT I thought I had uploaded the fixed versions I'll check my uploades again and see if I have the wrong copy uploaded

If you downloaded before the 28th you might still have the false copys

Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:15 AM
I have now re uploaded the files again then downloaded them to check them myself

They show up fine for me so they should now work

The ModFather
retired moderator
#22 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:56 AM
They work for me, now Thanks for updating!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 1:35 PM
Well I wouldn't be a gd creator if I just left my faulty content on the site instead of fixing it

Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 1:44 PM
Just letting everyone kno there are loads of skintones on this site ANY others but so far I have only SCVed 1, I won't rip your head off if you request something for example drwhorules asked me to create a new foxtail and ears combi
half an hour later it was uploaded and ready to use

I can complete an SCV in 5 minutes so if there is a skin you want a precreated sim to use link me to the skin and I'll make a SCV for it, then you just download it get your sim to use it and volia it's that easy

Page 1 of 2