Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UK Installation Spellbook Fix (Updated)

by Menaceman44 Posted 13th Sep 2008 at 2:41 PM - Updated 11th Mar 2010 at 9:58 AM by Menaceman44 : Download was updated

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 3:06 PM
Thanks so much for this. I was going mad trying to read and understand those rhymes and I've been looking for a fix since the game came out. EA should really start checking things like this.
Thanks again!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 3:37 PM
Ah!!! MarvelousThe text was driving me batty!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 3:42 PM
Thankyou! This was bugging me so much. Something like this slipping through the testing is just lazy on EA's part.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 4:21 PM
Thank you so much for making this. I was thinking it might have been suppost to be like that. But it got really annoying and was hard to read. Thanks again.

Oh yes, I wonder how it was right in the American language? I don't see the point in having two English installations of the game because we still get American versions of certain words in our English Installation games. Well I think we do?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 6:32 PM
Actually, you shouldn't feel bad, because it's the same in the Dutch version. The rhymes just keep going without any spaces. Very annoying.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 8:46 PM
LifeJunkie, I will have to see if I can find the text files again, which I should be able to do, (I think they are still on my desktop) and I shall see if I can create a fix for the Dutch version.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Inventor
#8 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:52 AM
And there was me thinking I was the only one who found it annoying!! Thanks so much for this.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 9:31 AM
Actually, I'm feeling kind of stupid, but I have t ask: I have AL instaled, and can find the spell book. Where do I find it?
I want to play with it!
I don't even know How the rimes are in Portuguese.
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 5:24 PM
Thanks so much for doing this! It drove me nuts!
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 10:04 PM
the witch gives you the book, its on a stand. you need to visit a Community lot and make friends with a witch. then request she shows you the light/dark
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 11:36 PM
Thank you so much, this is ever so much neater! I'm going through my spellbook for my skilled witch now, and just to let you know: Tempus Interruptus (neutral spell) still is not properly delineated. But everything else looks good!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 11:17 AM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 15th Sep 2008 at 11:51 AM.
I'll take another look at Tempus Interruptus then. It is possible I could have missed it with how many there are.

EDIT: Yup, I seem to have not included it in the package. I remember seeing it but must have forgotten to extract it. I'll try and rectify this a soon as possible.

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 3:14 PM
Hrm, I'm in Canada (we have the US version) and I have the same issue in my spellbook.

Would it still be safe for me to download and use your mod anyways?

It's driving me crazy!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 3:56 PM
It should work for you fine. Anyone who runs the game so it has English text can use it.

Field Researcher
#16 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 9:41 PM
Did (or could) you change the size at all? Because my old eyes have trouble with how small that darn font is! Thanks no matter what
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 12:31 PM
I don't think I can change the font size. Whenever I press the commit button in SimPE it formats the text to a set size.

Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 11:44 AM
that was driving me crazy! it wasn't easy to read and it was annoying! so thank you so much for this fix! =)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 10:11 PM
Thank you so much. I'm a bit of a grammar freak so the mistakes really bothered me.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abitha
Thankyou! This was bugging me so much. Something like this slipping through the testing is just lazy on EA's part.

i think it's not so much that they are lazy but they don't want to spend the money to hav the game tested. because they do hav it tested, but it seems they don't allow the testers enough time to do so. or maybe the company who tests the game isn't aware that they need sims2-experienced testers for these very complex new expansion packs. just imagine someone asks you to test this game with all packs installed and you never played it b4. no, i really dont want to imagine this... maybe they should sponsor mts2 community for doing their testing AND fixing!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 4:00 AM
is it just me, or is EA losing the plot. Each expansion pack released got progressively buggier than the last. Then the SecuROM controversy popped up. I wonder if this is because they are more focused on the Sims 3?

Printed Notice:
NOTICE: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice isn't actually worth noticing
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:17 AM
Thanks i never noticed before, i think mine is the UK type because i live in england and brought here so yes thank you and yes i think EA have something against us English
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 5:47 PM
what about adding also description to Tempus Resumo, because it is missing from spell book. what you think? can you make it?
I can´t make it on my own, because i don´t know how to make modes.
I have description:
The Time Flow is unfreezing,
without anyone noticing.
Nights and days can pass again,
non-wizards can move again!
Tempus Resumo!
(Can be used only when time is freezed.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 5:48 PM
and otherwise, that mod is great!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 8:14 PM
I wasn't aware that such a spell existed. Do you mean there is a blank page in the book or that you want the spell adding in? All I did was correct the text that was already there.
I sadly can't update this mod myself anymore though anyway, as I no longer have the Sims 2 installed on my computer.
Sorry.

Page 1 of 2