Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#201 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 1:02 AM
Download the file "BACKUP_RestoreMaxisWalls-Only.zip" from this thread, extract the file from it, and place it in:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts
(overwrite the existing TXT file).

Then install the Scriptorium.

Lastly, come back to this thread, download the file "90_UnleveledWall_forScriptorium.zip" and unpack its content (both the files in the zip) into the folder "Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches", accessible from the shortcut in your Downloads.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 9:16 PM
oh thank you soooooo much i was so worried i wont get into so much trouble next time....but if in season i get will it happen again????
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#203 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 11:50 PM
Who knows? Anyway, let me recover from the shock of Pets, before starting talking about Seasons!

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#204 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Bubble, download and install the SCRIPTORIUM (you need to do that only once, to activate the support for custom walls).
When done, download the file "CustomWalls_for_Scriptorium.zip". Looking in your Downloads folder, you will see a new shortcut "Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches": open it and put the desired walls in that folder (you can also drag&drop).

Note: inside the file CustomWalls_for_Scriptorium.zip there are many walls. The one you need is the "Unleveled wall"; ignore the others, you don't need to install them.

Sorry to bother you.but before i go any further and given my computer illiteracy where exactly is the "Custom walls_for_Scriptorium" zip loacted?
Its probally right under my nose somewhere but I'm at a loss.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#205 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 7:45 PM
My fault, sorry. I forgot to edit that part of the instructions (now it's fixed).

I meant the single ZIPs containing the custom walls: 92_PrisonWall_forScriptorium.zip, 90_UnleveledWall_forScriptorium.zip, 95_NoCutAwayWall_forScriptorium.zip and 91_InvisibleWall_forScriptorium.zip

Lab Assistant
#206 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 11:52 PM
Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 12:03 AM Last edited by ferret9005 : 7th Nov 2006 at 9:58 AM.
I have another question.I downloaded the files into the scriptorium. There are 4 zip files in there. I extracted the zips into my game files. But they dont show up in my build mode.What did I do wrong?

Oh I did it! I figured it out. Thanks for wonderful mods!!
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 11:05 AM
Is it possible that my game keeps getting blue screens because of the un-leveled walls?

some call it art, i call it bull****.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#209 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 10:07 PM
"Blue screens" in the sense that "blue screen of death", i.e. sudden and complete crash of the operating system?

No, the unleveled walls shouldn't cause anything harmful to you PC; but if you want to be sure, remove the walls from the Scriptorium folder (or uninstall them manually from the walls.txt).

In case you are wondering what happens to the lots that use the unleveled walls, after you have uninstalled the walls themselves: the lots will look odd, because the unleveled walls will be replaced by black iron fences, or the wall sections will be removed completely (it depends on the EPs you have installed). Until you don't load one of these lots, the game just ignores them.

Test Subject
#210 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 3:32 PM Last edited by marekkane : 16th Dec 2006 at 4:17 PM. Reason: update
Found the problem.

You always said how lucky you were that we were all friends. But it was us, baby, who were the lucky ones. - RENT

Hitchhiking's good. Towels are good, too. - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#212 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 8:53 AM
You mean custom walls? Just open the "walls.txt" located in the game program folder, exactly in: [programs]\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts
and examine its content: there are many parameters that affect the wall behaviour.

WARNING: always make a backup copy of the "walls.txt" file before making any changes in it!

Mad Poster
#213 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 4:23 PM
Spencer,

Was that your compliment to Numenor or your question about how to make this mod or your question about what Numenor has answered you? or else?

If it is for the second cause, this info thread should help,
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=106473
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#215 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 12:31 AM
Thanks Niol! I hate when I forget my own articles...

Spencer, if there's something that you don't understand reading that article about walls and partition, please post your questions there, not here.

Instructor
#216 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 2:38 AM
Whoa that's so good I'm scared to download it lol
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#217 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 9:22 AM
You only need to download the custom walls that you actually need to use while building (or the walls that are required to use a third-party lot, if requested in the install notes of the lot).

Test Subject
#218 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:59 PM
Some of my walls have vanished since I installed Seasons, has anyone else had this problem?
Mad Poster
#219 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 2:56 AM
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#220 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:26 PM
I have tested all the walls attached to this thread in my Seasons game, and I can see them all in the catalog (with their custom description) and I can use them to build custom walls.

What I have NOT done is to check a lot already built with the custom walls, because I don't have any at hand; but you mention that the walls has vanished, so I guess you just can't see them in the catalog, right?

Reinstall the Scriptorium, and then be sure that the needed files (a TXT and a package for each wall) are in the proper Scriptorium folder.

Test Subject
#221 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 8:29 PM
Very cool Numenor!! :D

(¯*♥..♥*¯)Have you thanked a Mod today?
NO MORE PAYSITES FOR EA/SIMS STUFF, SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...tion/index.html
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 8:14 PM Last edited by MorriganRane : 10th Mar 2007 at 8:20 PM. Reason: my phrasing annoyed me
its either your custom walls or snappledude21 s fully functioning basements that cause problems with seasons new curved pool tool ...:/ disapointing ...both are my most used building tools

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Mad Poster
#223 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 8:42 PM
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 1:49 AM Last edited by MorriganRane : 13th Mar 2007 at 2:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by niol
MorriganRane,

Can you show some pixof what you've fund?
Thanks...

I'm not sure wether its this config of the foundation config that caused the problem as it takes quite a long time for my game to lode and i don't get to play very often so i have to get the most out of my time, so i have not been able to have them in sepratly to see which one, so i left this comment in both.

here some pictures of the problem i had before removing them.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...c0_32fb642d.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...c0_12fb4a95.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...c0_92fb4a7f.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...11_12fc5711.jpg

I tried to get decent pics of this, As you can see (hopefully) instead of the curved tool it was acting like the squared tool, but it was leaving ground tiles above it, and mearly removing the ground under it ...err ...my written description is akward. the word tile is not exactly the right word for what is left above the pool ..or for what is removed under the ground.

Snappledude has not had activity on this site in a long time so i do not expect help there, but if you discover what has caused this and can tell me how i may fix it myself (its probably something stupidly simple) i would appreciate you relaying the info ..i realy love my basements..

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Mad Poster
#225 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 10:13 AM Last edited by niol : 17th Mar 2007 at 6:28 PM.
MorriganRane,

that looks like a problem seen on the curved pool corner mentioned in this thread...

After all, i'll check out the scripts again along with the pix after my nap...

Added:

Note, I've no additional walls in my games but I've learnt a lot from this dl ...
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#226 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 9:33 PM
Has anyone got a copy of walls.txt with all these already in that they could send me? TIA

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#227 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 9:48 AM
Inge, do you hate the Scriptorium? lol!

Here is the walls.txt you asked for; but you won't have the custom catalog descriptions, unless you put the packages included in each zip in your game.
As for where you should put them, I'm not sure (since the Scriptorium folder doesn't exist); try putting the packages in the Downloads od in the Scripts folder (where the walls.txt resides).
Attached files:
File Type: rar  WallsTxt-for-Inge.rar (1.9 KB, 24 downloads)

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#228 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 10:42 AM
I don't hate the scriptorium it's just at 54 I think my brain cells are finally dying fast enough to prevent me understanding how to use it. I did read through about 5 times without any luck. Copying and renaming files is a much more basic skill :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#229 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 11:36 AM
dear numenor..

I think these are great :lovestruc , I've tried looking around in this thread trying to find anything similiar to my problem but couldnt ( I might be blind, sorry in that case)

I have only the unleveled walls installed.
when Im buildling (yet so far only with original walls) or downloading a house, my windows disappears and leaves only holes in the walls where the windows supposed to be...I have all the ep's and installed it after I installed seasons..

any ideas what my problem could be?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#230 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 4:46 PM
Do the windows disappear on the wall sections built with standard walls or unleveled walls? Never heard of such a problem..
Are the missing windows custom or Maxis?

I know that in some games, if the unleveled walls are not installed (or incorrectly installed), and you download a lot that has unleveled walls, thsome wall sections might be entirely missing or might be replaced by a black iron fence. But the problem you mention is different, and I don't have a clue about what may cause it (or anyway, no one so far reported anything like that).

I can only suggest to double check that the walls are correctly installed.

Mad Poster
#231 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 5:39 PM
linasometimes,

these things can happen whether you've added any additional walls or not, and it has nothing to do these wall mods.

What potential causes I know so far:
1. It can have to do with the way how the custom contents (cc) are managed such as removing cc after installing a lot requiring the removed cc.
2. it can have to do with the way how the lot was saved. (this has nothing to do with cc.)
3. it can have to do with the cc in question.
I don't know sufficiently to tell you why. These are based on observations on experiences.

What potentially helpful solution(s) I know of:
1. use the hand tool to try to replace the cc in question.
2. rebuild the cc in question manually, probably with some reference pix.
3. get a new copy of the cc in question.

Note: cc can be default replacement as well.
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 11:52 PM
okay.

well I've talked to some peeps whom experienced this too when installing the unleveled walls. (is there a way to install them "wrong?")
Yes also with maxis walls and windows, which I havent experienced before and in a lot I build myself..

but yes, I can live with it and I understand that installing a mod isnt 100% sure, I just thought I would "report" it.
Mad Poster
#233 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 3:45 AM Last edited by niol : 3rd Apr 2007 at 3:55 AM.
So, you meant in your cases, this only happened when the unlevelled wall was installed, or this [b]also[\b] happens with "maxis walls and windows"? or else?

Sorry, I'm slow. I only got that you won't get such phenomenon when you build own lots and that you can get it when you entered some downloaded lots.

BTW, you've not spoken out (how you installed it) whether you installed it with Scriptorium or did it manually if it has to do this mod installation.

I guess most modders enjoy, appreciate and thank downloaders who do generously report any suspicious problems...

The reasons why I ask so many things is trying to identify the problem(s) only... Without those infos, an attempt to solve a particular problem can be barely done unless such problem is already known and discussed somewhere I know of.
Lab Assistant
#234 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:49 AM
yep I've only seen this happening with the U-L walls installed, and very right after I installed them, on the other hand when I didnt had them, I never experienced that iron fence thing instead, it was just ..nothing...

mm, I installed it with the scriptorium

My experience of it is that the windows disappears only for some seconds and then becomes visible again, it doesnt happen very often either.

But ofcourse there's nothing really proofing its the U-L walls thats causing all this..
Mad Poster
#235 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 5:11 AM
I've no all EP copy, but one without EP1, EP4 and all SPs.
But, I did it manually.
I've no problem at all still... So, I failed to reproduce the problem it's asked here at least manually...

BTW, can you find the package "90_UnleveledWall.package" in the downloads folder?
while the text file "90_UnleveledWall.txt" in "...\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\Scriptorium_Walls" folder?

(if you don't know where they're, you can search them out with strings like "90_UnleveledWall".)
These're just to compare or check if the files were installed OK and I never mean the package file has to in the "downloads" folder alone. But, the txt file is at least in that coresponding folder.

As a back-thought, it can be the hardware specification issue... that the windows presentation is not fast enough after the engine has to prepare 1 more set of walls to draw? The other walls won't have as much to draw as an extra whole set of walls. Invisible without light-effect is even more resource-saving -- no graphical change.
Test Subject
#236 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 11:23 AM
i have a big problem with may unleved walls.. they are like maxis real wall and i see no change and i dont see my fireplaces either.. maybe someone know whats wrong?
Mad Poster
#237 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 1:53 PM
Maxis has changed the wall1 walls since OFB or PE[s]Ts (can't remember which, please correct me when I got it wrong:P) into a wall like "unlevelled wall".

Lol, this unlevelled wall was made all the ways back to April, 2005 or even earlier. Besides, this can be an additional set of walls when all the wall1 wall pieces are used up.

gozig86,

Actually, this mod thread is about wall mods not fireplace mods...

If one wants Numenor's fireplaces, check his profiles...
Test Subject
#238 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:15 PM
no its not about my fireplaces really.... its just that my numenor unleved walls are just like Maxis wall and theres no change.... i didnt have this problem some weeks ago but now i dont know what to do

(and with the fireplaces i mean that the dont show up either, maybe i should take this up in the scriptorium cuz i think it something wrong with that maybe)
Mad Poster
#239 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 5:34 PM
gozig86,

So, you suddenly had problems after some weeks. May try to get a new copy of the unlevelled wall, and place the txt file into "...\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\Scriptorium_Walls" or use the Scriptorium programme.

It sound like the wall.txt was overridden or overwritten.

If all else fails, restore the original wall.txt file and clean up the Scriptorium_Walls folder and reinstall everything with a new copy of every wall mod and/or the Scriptorium programme.

Based on the way you described, it sounds something caused conflict or problems to that mod and/or the Scriptorium. Can you tell what you had installed before you started to think something went wrong with the walls?

Fireplace: custom fireplaces? that sounds more like over-writing to me. you may wanna use a copy of your original script back-up (fresh right after the game installation before any modification) to re-install all the additional scripts to see if the problems can be solved.
Test Subject
#240 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 9:59 AM
i tried to reinstall scriptorium but i maybe have to delete all scriptorium files and then install it again... i thin this all started when i reinstall all my the sims 2 games cuz i had problem with it.
Mad Poster
#241 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 12:09 PM
OK, I see..
these all have to be reinstalled after re-installation of the base game as these custom contents made modifications on the base game files.

A new installation of th base game will over-write the mods Scriptorium installed, so a re-installation of Scriptorium is also necessary.

Now, things have got cleared up in your case... Congratulations...
Banned
#242 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 11:24 PM
how do you clone a wall?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#243 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 12:32 AM
Well, "cloning" perhaps is not the right term but anyway here is the closest thing to a clone:
  • Download any of the walls attached to this thread and unpack the .txt file to your desktop
  • Modify the parameters inside the TXT at will; remember to assign a new unique number to your wall
  • Save the TXT with a different name
  • Put the new TXT file into the proper Scriptorium folder, using the shortcut in your Downloads folder.

Test Subject
#244 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 8:45 AM
no.. its still not working and i just found out that hte walls work correctly on the ground but when im going to put them on a another wall under the roof.. they dont gett smaller like they use to do.
Mad Poster
#245 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 12:02 PM
gozig86,

unlevelled walls are not supposed to replace attic walls.
if you're talking about roofs done by the roof tool, may read here
get the attic walls out, may read here to learn how....

but if you mean the floor-tile-based roofs, you may then wanna check if you had modded wall.txt in your corresponding EP script folders. That sounds like you had mis-installed some modded ones into at least one of those. so, those mis-installed with wrong configuration(s) affect how the resultant walls behave in your game.

Good lucks again! :D
Test Subject
#246 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 4:17 PM
yes i talk about making some kind of attic and on the sides i want the walls smaler.. this worked with numenors walls before
Mad Poster
#247 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 4:52 PM Last edited by niol : 11th Apr 2007 at 8:13 AM.
Due to their wall properties, attic walls behave very differently from normal wall 1 walls or unlevelled walls.

When there's roof-tool-based roof, the stand-alone attic walls are dropped down to the ground and there's no roof-tool roof on top of them as their top boundary. The loci are occupied even though the walls aren't normally seen by a user. So in such case, one has to delete the on-ground attic walls before making a new wall there.

Lol, about this topic, we can talk more here

May also, check out this post I made for you.
Test Subject
#248 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 4:29 AM
I think this mod is making my games crash...(my game started crashing after I installed it) I uninstalled this mod completely but it still keeps crashing....what should I do?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#249 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:21 AM
If you have removed the custom walls and still the game crashes, there must be another reason... Try moving the entire Downloads folder to your desktop and run the game; if the game works fine, then you must have something bad in your Downloads.

Test Subject
#250 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 10:14 AM Last edited by gozig86 : 25th Apr 2007 at 10:29 AM.
Hm i asked i while ago about making attics with numenor walls and that i was able to do that before.

I give u an example. I build a room like a square and put a roof on it. Then after i delete the walls in the roof and about to use nuenors walls to put it back. But it dont works, cuz they dont get smaller on the sides and bigger in the middle. Before they did. Maybe someone now how to do?

Hm put in a picture that somebody have done and it is what i mean about making a attic!
Screenshots
Page 5 of 8