Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Marriage: Last Name Chooser [FIXED 2008-10-26]

by Marhis Posted 11th Mar 2007 at 3:28 PM - Updated 16th Mar 2009 at 12:41 PM by Marhis : Reuploaded BV-FT version

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 256 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 12
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 7:44 PM Last edited by linolino : 19th Nov 2007 at 8:11 PM.
This hack overrides some Bon Voyage's dialogs strings, (real estate.../buy vacation home), So I fixed it (attached to this post)

(translated to Portuguese and Spanish )
Attached files:
File Type: zip  marhis-marriage-lastnamedialog_updatedforBV.zip (56.9 KB, 728 downloads)
Field Researcher
#152 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by linolino
This hack overrides some Bon Voyage's dialogs strings, (real estate.../buy vacation home), So I fixed it (attached to this post)

Thank you so much for the update! This mod makes the game so much better.
Test Subject
#153 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 1:13 PM Last edited by SimSanta1992 : 4th Dec 2007 at 1:29 PM.
Marriage: Last Name Chooser in French/German
Really Good Job! Well done
It seems to be really easy to do things like that by looking for ideas in other hacks, but most peoploe (including me) never get ideas like those.
Great Work!

The attached file contains the Version of linolino with translations into French and German (it has already been translated by linolino into spanish, so i couldn't do that. i think i'm to slow for life...)
Sorry for my bad english!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  marhis-marriage-lastnamedialog_updatedforBV_multilangual.zip (51.5 KB, 51 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 3:09 PM
of course! upload it in your post above. this hack was not made by me i just updated it!
Test Subject
#155 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 8:07 AM
This is so great! Thankyou!
Instructor
#156 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 12:24 PM
Great idea! Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#157 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 7:19 PM
hey if you keep the last names the same instead of taking one anothers last name....like Jane Jones and John Johnson (lol) what last name do the kids get??? just curious. and thanks for this too, itll be useful!!
Test Subject
#158 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 7:42 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 21st Apr 2008 at 6:15 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Thankuu!
I always get annoyed
when I have a single
mother or father who
marry; then end up
with different surnames
to the children!

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[:

heartshh&+shmilees;'dayumm ♥
---spiderpig&+pinchyythelobstahh.rainbowlollipops.
sahs&+lucyy=beshtayys.
the'sickfrogz. www.TheSickFrogz.piczo.com

gueshh'what?
i'm12years;young.
yupp!bahaa.
&+almost13. [[[:
Test Subject
#159 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 6:55 PM
Default Thanks..1 question
Quote: Originally posted by linolino

You say its translated to Portuguese and Spanish...is there and English version?

(forgive me for asking if the answer is simple, i'm fairly new to hacks and mods)

By the way !!!
Test Subject
#160 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 4:30 PM
put it my game it work's great,finally no name solving,thank you..
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 7:45 PM
pointing to evilcitizenplyr post, I agree wounder if this mod could be expanded to included change kids names in marriage. I like my lady's taking the mans names. Why can't the man give his name to the lady's kids too. People do to all the time.
Test Subject
#162 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 10:19 PM
Has anyone tested this mod to see if it's compatible with FreeTime? I just wanted to make sure Thanks!
Test Subject
#163 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:34 PM
Yes~! This is perfect for those of us with a liberal view on gender roles. I haven't tested this out, but, what will be the last name of the child if the two Sims decide to have a baby?

Also, I agree with whomever first mentioned the idea of hyphenated surnames (or madamnames; get it? Hahahaha, oh, I'm so funny.).
Test Subject
#164 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 1:31 AM
Hi, I love this hack, but have one problem. Everythings fine in the household, all the names change ok, but when I go into neighbourhood view, the family name is still the maiden name, even if both sims have a different last name. Is there anyway to fix this problem?
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anonomus
Hi, I love this hack, but have one problem. Everythings fine in the household, all the names change ok, but when I go into neighbourhood view, the family name is still the maiden name, even if both sims have a different last name. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

That's the game's fault, not the mod. The same thing would happen if you went into the household, had them get married "the other way" (that is, not the one with the family name on the house doing the proposal). I did this back a couple of years ago. I have two families that have this problem now. It's a problem with The Sims2, nothing else.

One way to fix it is to have one spouse move out, move the other sim out, and then move them back in again, one at a time. Then the name of your house will be correct.

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity, and still be a human.
Test Subject
#166 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 2:30 AM
OK, Thankyou for your help!
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 4th May 2008 at 3:53 PM
Is there any way you can create a mod that lets you choose the last name of a baby? That would be beyond awesome.

"Oh, let me guess. Another box with a crank that I turn and turn and turn until...whoo...a clown pops out. Then you laugh, the kids laugh, the dog laughs, and I die a little more inside."

-Stewie Griffin, Family Guy
Test Subject
#168 Old 8th May 2008 at 11:36 AM
Wow~! I'm been waiting for something like this!
I appreciate your work. Thank you
Test Subject
#169 Old 30th May 2008 at 5:40 PM
Not intending to sound rude or anything, because this mod truly is great, but if both sims were to retain their last names, who's last name would the child (If they had any) have? I assume that if the child was adopted, he or she would have the adopter's last name and not the Adopter's Spouse's last name. But what about their actual, blood-related Children?

If it's any consolation to you... I don't like that thing either. It sickens me.
Test Subject
#170 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kalinka
Not intending to sound rude or anything, because this mod truly is great, but if both sims were to retain their last names, who's last name would the child (If they had any) have? I assume that if the child was adopted, he or she would have the adopter's last name and not the Adopter's Spouse's last name. But what about their actual, blood-related Children?

In my experience, the child gets their last name from the person who was pregnant with him/her.
Theorist
#171 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 11:11 AM
I always used to forget to select the sim whose surnname I wanted to be the couple's last name and got really annoyed with myself, so this mod is fantastic!!

Quote: Originally posted by ShinySparkly1
Is there any way you can create a mod that lets you choose the last name of a baby? That would be beyond awesome.

That would be awesome! I hate it when a sim gets pregnant and I have to have a shotgun wedding rather than a nice big one I've saved for, so the baby will have the father's surname (because I intended to marry the sims at some point so I want a proper family name).

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Field Researcher
#172 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 1:24 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 16th Oct 2008 at 6:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by surreptitially
Has anyone tested this mod to see if it's compatible with FreeTime?

Fortunately, FT didn't add any new strings to the STR# that this mod overrides. The BV version updated by linolino and SimSanta1992 will work in FT.

I've added Korean text to SimSanta1992's multilingual version.
Now this mod supports 5 languages:
  • French (by SimSanta1992)
  • German (by SimSanta1992)
  • Spanish (by linolino)
  • Portuguese (by linolino)
  • Korean (by me )

Also compressed with jfade's Compressorizer to reduce the size. Every bit counts.

ETA: Removed the attachment. It's now incorporated into Marhis's updated version.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
#173 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 4:24 PM
Thanks, it's really useful, but I'm wondering, then what will their kids last name? The mother's?
Field Researcher
#174 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Epi_lepsia
what will their kids last name? The mother's?

Kids will always take the surname of the parent who gave birth to them, whether it's mother or father by alien pollination.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Field Researcher
#175 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 9:04 PM
Can you still use it if you have freetime expansion
Page 7 of 12