Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sleep on Community/OFB/Vacation/Apartment/Secret lots - Global Hack

by Numenor Posted 27th Jul 2007 at 5:46 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2008 at 10:00 PM by Numenor : Tested with AL

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 143 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:07 PM
Thanks you so much, I needed this hack!!! Grazie

Visit Sims 2 World sometimes if you like.
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:14 PM
Oh, my gosh! Thank you so much for making this! I've always wanted this!

Now my sims can stay at the community lots basically as long as they want, and when they eventually get home they won't pass out on the pavement! xD

Thanks so much, once again! ^-^

I belong in a museum!
- The Ugly One
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:25 PM
Great hack Numenor! Thanks for sharing your hard work.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:28 PM
Thanks so much for this, Numenor. It will be very useful. And those are some mighty cool trophies your sleeping sim has!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:41 PM
Thanks so much Numenor!!! I will certainly use this !

You will find my older and newest creations here
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:45 PM
Thank you!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#8 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:48 PM
Awesome, this will definitely add a new dimension to the game!
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:50 PM
Thanks for this one. It's gonna be cool owning a hotel :D
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 6:54 PM
Wonderful! I will definately be using this. Thanks again.
ETA a shameless MTS2 Challange Plug: The prize for MTS2's monthly challange we are having looks tres' cool sitting next to the sim. If any one wants to try to win one, go to site news>creator challanges for information.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Scholar
#11 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:12 PM
this is awsome! where di u get that lumbob lamp? thats really nice. now i dont need ot used maxmotives on my vom. lots anymore! yay!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:29 PM
This is awsome Numenor! Thank you so much for sharing! Also, regarding cars on the community lot, sims get to keep their privately owned car if they drive to the community lot themselves. So instead of going by taxi they could drive there themselves and keep the car.
Scholar
#13 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:32 PM
Oh this is great ! Thank you Numenor !! A second home for vacations ? Hehe this will be useful !!! Grazie !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:40 PM
Thanks Numenor for this "Sleep Hack to End All Sleep Hacks"! Finally!

For anyone interested in timing issues, this might be perfect in combination with the Community Time Project (crammyboy): http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7462.0 -- the point of which is that sims can leave for a comm lot, stay there for a week, and then return to the home lot *after a week has passed* (and not on the morning they left). Together with the sleeping hack, I think it'll make an even bigger difference than on its own.

Not meaning to hijack your thread =) I just wanted to point out that this exists, because I think the two hacks will fit together fantastically.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:56 PM
Thanks, this will work perfect with my B&B lot.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#16 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sim~obsessor
this is awsome! where di u get that lumbob lamp? thats really nice. now i dont need ot used maxmotives on my vom. lots anymore! yay!

The plumbob thing-a-ma-jig is one of the prizes for our monthly contest. See site news>creator contests for information on how you can win one.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:57 PM
Thanks! It's annoying not to be able to sleep on community lots, and this fixes it
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 8:13 PM
Plasticbox - Thanks for the link! That "Time Project" hack is very interesting indeed!

Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
And those are some mighty cool trophies your sleeping sim has!

Oh, you noticed them? I swear (*keeps fingers crossed behind his back*) that was absolutely unintentional!

People! I've blatantly advertised the Magic Plumbob because I want you all to enter the MTS2 Creators Challenge!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 8:16 PM
Yay! Thanks for this.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 8:44 PM
Awesome. I used to have Echo's hack, but since I got Seasons.... you know. I know that there's no way you can promise, but do you think it's likely that it will still work with the new EP once it comes out? I know nothing about things like that, but i often see hacks that the creator says it's very likely it will still work with any new EPs that come out.
Theorist
#21 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 8:57 PM
This is a wonderful new gaming feature - thank you!

Actually Irishman did post a Community Sleep & Nap patch here as a bonus file. Irishman's solution is Seasons compatible, but only Seasons compatible. However, your new patch has quite a bit more functionality, as you mentioned:
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
It's fully compatible with any game configuration, from base-game up to Seasons (and H&M); the hack will recognize your game version and will act accordingly.
Full support for Sleep and Nap on any (Maxis or custom) bed, sofa, loveseat, recliners/long chair and coffin; none of the mentioned hack would allow napping on long chairs or coffins (one enables the sofas, though).
Full support for Sims, Servos, Vampires and Pets.
I will particularly value the vampire and coffin enhancement because otherwise vampires can be frustratingly awkward to take out on trips.
Scholar
#22 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 9:09 PM
Wowee! I'd become resigned to the idea that Sims had to go home after 5-6 hours unless they were on a date; this mod makes all-day trips (and hotels) possible. Thank you very much Numenor for sorting out this mod!
Forum Resident
#23 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 9:15 PM
amazing as usual!great idea,my simmies will have good dream and outside the house ^_^ thanx Numi!regards
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 9:40 PM Last edited by Numenor : 27th Jul 2007 at 9:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igloolik
I know that there's no way you can promise, but do you think it's likely that it will still work with the new EP once it comes out? I know nothing about things like that, but i often see hacks that the creator says it's very likely it will still work with any new EPs that come out.

The bare truth is that this hack is very UNlikely to work with Bon Voyage - At least, it depends on how Maxis manages the "vacation trips" and the vacation lots. If they are simple community lots, then no problem; if they are new special lot types, well, I'll have to update this hack! :D

Sophie-David - Thanks for the link! I've read Irishman's thread in search of possible problems with his sleep/nap hack (which works in the same way as mine), and luckily there were no complaints at all

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 10:21 PM
O.....M.....G! I always wanted this! THANKS SO MUCH! ^_^ Woot go Numenor!

Crazzy for The Sims 2!!! Woo Haa Hee!!! Told you...
Page 1 of 7