Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 5:37 PM
Default Maximum walls... please help!
So I just spent several hours building the exterior for a large castle, only to find out that I'll never be able to finish the inside as I have used up all the walls that the game allows.

Does anyone know of a cheat, or mod, or spell that will allow me to increase the number of available wall units?

With no limitations on number of floors now thanks to the new cheat in University, I'm thinking that this problem will begin to affect a larger number of players, especially those like me that spend way more time building than actually playing the game.

(I believe this is my first post; sorry for lurking so long without contributing to the discussions...)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 9:59 AM
sorry....haven't encoutered that one......I build in TS2 and that's it and I've never had that message.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 10:12 AM
use other walls like foundation walls or walls created by yourself using walls.txt
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 7:05 PM
wtf? there's a wall limit?! never encountered it. how much is that?
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 7:24 PM
I don't know what the limit is,but I've reached it on a couple of occaisons(usually when I've been getting a bit overly creative)LOL
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 9:19 PM
There's another thread somewhere that explains the actual number (I forgot, but think maybe slightly over 2000). I went through the walls.txt files to see if there was anything in there i could modify but a) I'm not that smart and b) nothing really stood out. Was kind of hoping Maxis would remove or at least increase this with the new EP, especially with the "unlimited" floors. Seeing's how a lot of the first cheats were discovered by modders, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 12:15 AM Last edited by kwacker71 : 24th Mar 2005 at 12:21 AM.
Hi read through your thread......I too have encountered the wall limit in the game as well. I thought that with the unlimited floors in university, and being able to build more than 5 stories you would be able to build highrise buildings for the sims to live in. with using half walls to make balconies and such for an apartment building i am working on it does use up the walls fast. I too wish a serious modder would take a look into finding a way to cheat or modify the maximum number of walls so that i can finish my highrise apartment building, and if there are any modders who would like to look at the problem a few of us are encountering we would really appreciate it

thanks
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 2:45 AM
I have ran a test lot on how many segments of walls I can build on a lot.

What I did is I put down 40 segments of walls on a row, with 20 rows per floor. This brought up 800 segments. When I came up to the third floor, the game all of a sudden won't let me build any more walls. Once I maxed out, I came up with 2,100 segments of walls, wich is 800 on the first floor, 800 on the second, and I was able to build 500 more on the third floor when the game stopped me from building any more wall segments.

Now, I need a cheat or a way to change the limit number of walls that I can build on the lot, so that I can have the freedom of building highrise community complexes, or even huge dorms and apartments.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd May 2005 at 11:57 PM
I came with limit to. I couldnt finsh it.
I hope maxis change it to unlimited with exp or patch
#10 Old 16th May 2005 at 1:20 AM
I hit this limit as well, I hit it at 1910, not 2100. this may be due to my system specs, But i did take the time to calculate it precisely, basically i built a 10x10 wall square where walls wend verticaly and horizontally, making 200 wall units per floor, then made 3 floors, and repeated 2 more times at 3 floors, leaving me with 1800 walls, then I started my third column, i was able to build the ten ten horizontal walls (1900), and one vertical unit to bring me to the final number of 1910. once again not sure how to excede this limit, or if is system spec. specific, but am looking into this now...

Thanks! :weep:
#11 Old 16th May 2005 at 7:53 PM
Oops i actually was stopped at 2100, not 1910, so it looks like the limit is 2100, hmmmm.......
Forum Resident
#12 Old 17th May 2005 at 8:36 PM
i never knew there was a limit but why did maxis make it such a small number? i am imagining it in my head now and 2100 wall units looks so little. its a shame you wont finish your castle without destroying half of it.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st May 2005 at 2:39 PM
theres a cheat called setHighestAllowedLevel dont use a capital (L) then leave a space and enter the number of floors you want the maxinum no of floors is 225 but only 20 are usable as it goes to far up hope that helps
Forum Resident
#14 Old 25th May 2005 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lamina
theres a cheat called setHighestAllowedLevel dont use a capital (L) then leave a space and enter the number of floors you want the maxinum no of floors is 225 but only 20 are usable as it goes to far up hope that helps

thats the cheat for the floors. what we are wondering about is weather there is a cheat to allow more than 2100 wall places like when you build your house, you place walls down but you can only place 2100 down. ive tried to make it very clear.
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 6:06 AM
!Terrain walls!
i know U know the invisablewalls and the prison wall, u know how that download has the terrain walls that allows you to build them on wonky terrain,

!!!I HAVE THE ANSWER!!! the normal walls can only have 2100 but if u also use the terrain walls, that gives you another 2100 which together means that you can have 4200 walls alltogether!!!!!!!!!!

A Computer is a computer!!!!!!!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 4:09 PM Last edited by niol : 20th Jan 2006 at 5:58 PM.
Winx,

Your finding is brilliant, that means a mod just has to input more wall-catalogues in the menu and the more times of 2100 walls will become available...?

updates:

linking related threads together:
Can you run out of walls
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86434
Limit in number of wall segments you can build
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=10907
Maximum walls... please help
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=49043
Wall Maximum Limit-PLEASE HELP!
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=90785
Wall Problem
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=36055
Wall segment limit
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=39011

Updates:
One can edit the wall.txt file to enable foundation wall, roof walls (shorter than the default wall).
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Jul 2005 at 4:09 PM
I have never had a limit before. though break. must be maxis trying to speed up the game by not letting to many walls!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 5:44 PM
Success!! Sorry it took me so long to test this, but the suggestions here by Fat D and Winx worked wonderfully. I downloaded Numenors walls and used the terrain walls once I used up the in-game ones. (Provided you're on a flat surface, the terrain walls work just the same.)

Not completely sure, but I'm thinking you need to use up the in-game walls first, otherwise it will apply ALL wall sections to the count limit. Anyone with more time and intelligence can feel free to prove that theory wrong if you like.

My extensive thanks to both of you for this suggestion and thanks to Numenor for inadvertently fixing my biggest complaint about the game.
#19 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 12:31 AM
what are terrain walls?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 9:24 PM
sorry, numenor calls them "unleveled walls." here's the link:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=59793
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies